COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Murakami Corporation strives for human and Earth friendly monozukuri and to serve people through all its corporate endeavors.
1. Environmental Regulation Compliance and Pollution Prevention
2. Environmentally-aware Product Development and Production
3. Regional Coexistence
4. Carbon Neutral Initiatives
In January 2001, to commemorate our move into the 21st century, we launched our Environmental Management System, which continues to guide our efforts towards environmentally-friendly operation. By December 2001, all domestic offices and affiliate companies had achieved ISO14001 certification.
ISO Certified Offices and Affiliate Companies
Domestic offices and six affiliate companies
- Head office
- Fujieda factory
- Oigawa factory
- Tsukiji factory
- Eiji Corporation
- Murakami Kasei Corporation
- Murakami Business Service Corporation
- Murakami Kyushu Corporation
- Murakami Express Corporation
- Murakami East Japan Corporation
Environmental Management Organizational Structure
- 1. Environmental InstallationsRooftop greening / Solar power
- 2. CO2EmissionsCO2 emissions record
- 3. Waste DisposalAmount of waste generated
- 4. Regional ActivitiesPublic beautification / Flower planters
- 5. Waste ReductionReduction of waste generated from paints, plastics, glass, etc.
- 6. Environmental Product DevelopmentDevelopment, sales and introduction of environmentally friendly products
1. Environmental Installations
Introduction of Environmentally-aware Installations
2. CO2 Emissions
Our CO2 Emissions Record
CO2-Free electricity introduced at our Shizuoka Headquarters in Japan
As a result, all electricity used at our Headquarters will be 100% renewable energy, and CO2 emissions associated with electricity use will be virtually zero.
3. Waste Disposal
- Amount of Waste Generated
703 t/year *2022 91.9％ YoY (8.1％ decrease)
- Discharge of Valuable Resources
1724 t/year *2022 99.0％ YoY (1.0％ decrease)
- Landfill Disposal
0 t/year 100％ resource circulation
Waste Generated Yearly Trend
4. Regional Activities
Regional Coexistence Public Beautification
Community Outreach Flower Planters
5. Waste Reduction
Reduction of Paint and Thinner Waste
Painting ProcessAdoption of Solvent Recovery Apparatus for Thinner Recycling
Liquid paint waste (paint waste, thinner waste) is distilled in-house and
- Solvent Recovery Apparatus
90% of thinner is recoverable from paint waste, which also reduces purchases of cleaning thinner
- Raw (virgin) and recycled (resin pellets) materials are injected into tanks or automatically collected in the ground material (runner mill) tank.
- Virgin, recycled and ground material are sent from the raw materials tank to the measuring apparatus.
- Raw materials are mixed in the measuring apparatus and sent to the dryer.
- The dryer serves as a centralized supply for the molding apparatus.
- Throwaway product made during setting, intermittent die maintenance, or momentary stops is recovered by the operator for recycling.
- Recovered plastic waste is ground in the industrial product mill and automatically recycled.
- This material is not sent out for disposal.
Reduction of Glass Waste
Development of glass waste recycling business：Foam glass manufacturing, commodification
Creation of Products from Glass Waste
A great benefit to the environment
|Recycled glass||foam glass|
|Function||Deodorizer, water purification, weed control, etc.|
6. Environmental Product Development
- Front window frost removal is often a time-intensive process with only temporary results. A heated washer solves this issue in a safe and easy way, greatly reducing worktime involved.
- A user-friendly tool that helps reduce use of heaters in removal of window frost, which in turn saves energy and reduces CO2 emissions.